Amazing Air Duct Pineville NC also provide dryer vent cleaning in Pineville NC.
As a concerned homeowner, it is believed you know the importance of cleaning your dryer vent regularly. It is common to see homeowners pay attention to things like maintaining their lawns, cleaning their gutters and other such things while ignoring their dryer vents entirely.
Cleaning your dryer vent is one very important task you just never neglect for any reason due to the numerous benefits keeping your dryer vent clean brings. As a matter of fact, dryer vent cleaning helps prevent fire outbreaks in your home. According to the National Fire Protection Agency, most of the fire outbreaks that occur in homes across the United States is as a result of clogged dryer ducts.
Cleaning your clothing dryer is one way to keep your home protected from fire outbreaks. In this post, we will talk about things like the importance of cleaning your dryer vent, what happens when you don’t clean your dryer vent, how often you should clean your dryer vent and other such dryer vent cleaning issues. Let’s see what dryer vent is and everything that has to do with dryer vent cleaning.
What is Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Dryer vent cleaning is simply a process employed to clean out your dryer lint trap after every laundry cycle. Dryer vent cleaning is best left in the hands of a professional dryer vent cleaning company. Giving your dryer vent adequate cleaning will ensure your clothes dey in one cycle, you dry your clothes in a comfortable laundry room, and enjoy reduced utility bills.
Importance of cleaning your dryer vent regularly
Cleaning your dryer vent is one thing you should pay more attention to owing to the benefits that come with maintaining a clean dryer vent. Here are a few reasons why cleaning your dryer vent is important:
- Cleaning your dryer vent means your clothes will dry out in one single laundry cycle.
- A clean dryer vent will ensure air is adequately ventilated away from your dryer, ensuring fast and efficient drying.
- Cleaning your dryer vent will ensure your laundry room does not get too hot while your dryer is working.
- Maintaining a clean dryer vent means you won’t have to go through several laundry cycles before your clothe dries and this helps prolong the life of your dryer.
What happens when you don’t clean your dryer vent
When you fail to clean your dryer vent, there are are several things that can go wrong. Here are a few things that can happen when you don’t clean your dryer vent:
- Drying your clothes will take longer than necessary when your drying vent is not cleaned. You may have to go through 2-3 cycles before your clothes come out dry.
- Your clothes come out of the dryer smelling like they are burnt and this shows your dryer vent isn’t able to ventilate warm air away from your dryer and should be fixed as soon as possible.
- Your laundry room feels extremely hot when your dryer is working, which is a sign your dryer vent might be clogged and should be cleaned to let hot air escape.
- Risk of fire outbreaks – There could be a buildup of lint from your clothes in your dryer vent thereby leading to a fire outbreak.
- A clogged dryer vent can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. CO builds up in your dryer vent when it is clogged up and can seep into your laundry room and other parts of your home to cause poisoning.
How Often you should clean your dryer vent
when it comes to how often your dryer vent should be cleaned, a number of factors determine the frequency of your dryer vent cleaning. Here are the factors to consider:
- Size of your family – if you have a large family, your dryer vent will do more work and will need to be cleaned more often.
- Pets – If you have pets in your home, there will always be pet hairs and furs clogging up your dryer vent.
- Types of laundry – If you have bulky items such as blankets, towels, and fleece clothing, your dryer vent will get clogged up faster and will require more regular cleaning.
You have the option of either hiring a professional to help you clean your dryer vent or do it yourself. Simply ensure you get the lint out of the lint trap after every drying cycle. Also, ensure the vent cap of your dryer is cleaned regularly to keep everything working efficiently.
For more information about dryer vent cleaning in Pineville NC call us at: 704-815-0718